For many years, YogaGarden has been running as a non-profit foundation: no budget for administration employees or promotion. Everything was done at below minimum cost, and the focus was always directed to yoga and yoga alone.
We continue to believe that this is the most transparent way of doing things, and the idealism that motivated us then continues to inspire us every day. At the same time, our yoga environment has changed immensely in those 13 years, and instead of hippies we now find yoga moguls on every corner, running commercially successful yoga businesses. We are faced with the challenge of keeping our idealism intact and surviving too. For instance: many of you have asked us for an unlimited monthly option, as many studios offer, but for that we need software, a front desk, someone behind that desk, an app, etc etc. And honestly, we love yoga but not necessarily all this other stuff. So we needed a partner, and we found one: our very own host, Health Club Jordaan. Together we hope to offer you the best of both worlds: YogaGarden’s legendary quality and experience in yoga and Health Club Jordaan’s infra structure and support.
What is new:
- All purchases will be done through the Health Club desk.
- We have monthly and yearly renewable subscriptions offering unlimited access to all yoga classes, the gym and sauna.
- You will still be able to purchase a 10 classes card which is still valid for one year. The card is now digital, and your classes will be credited from your total when you come to class. The price will go up for the first time in 13 years so we hope you will understand. But to sweeten the deal we are offering you a 10 classes card for the old price (€ 100) until December 31st. Old class cards are still valid. Please go to the reception to exchange them.
- To guarantee your place in class you will be able to reserve a spot via the app.
- You need to swipe your card at the Health Club desk before class.
- We will no longer charge you for our yearly membership. Instead you will pay a one-time fee of €29 for the card. If you subscribe before the 1st of February you receive this card for free.
What remains the same:
- All classes and teachers remain the same. We hope to add new classes in the near future.
- Anat and Marcel remain at the helm of YogaGarden and are responsible for all yoga related affairs.
- YogaGarden remains a functional yoga studio, where your uniqueness is respected and cherished.
- You can always mail us your questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org